I have never met someone who does not like flowers! What if I would tell you that there is a possibility flower to have the fantastic look, but last longer than a week, how fresh flowers do it? Today we would like to give you some great tips on how you can dry flowers. If you do not have time or patience, you can also just visit our range of floral arrangements.
How do you do dried flowers?
Around To dry flowers, First select one Fresh bouquet Or stems. Then remove the excess leaves from the stems and bind the individual Flowers with a rubber band or a string together. Finally, tie the Flowers head over together and hang up in a dark and dry room. Let them 2-3 Dry for weeks.
If you've been scrolling through Instagram or Pinterest lately, you may have noticed that Preserved and dried flowers definitely trend are, and we do not see that he will stop in the near future. They are the perfect gift for a friend, a colleague, someone in isolation or for their own home. We love it, our own To dry flowersbut for those we do not get ourselves and dry We can, we have some great local suppliers.
Dried flowers have fresh flowers many advantages. They are cost-effective as a gesture between $ 50 and $ 150 + EU can cost, but they Keep them for years. You can invest in a big gesture and your money is not wasted, because they are durable, in contrast to the purchase of expensive fresh flowers, who are for a maximum of one or two weeks and dying.
Dried flowers Are the new trend in the interior. There is you in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes - for every taste is a suitable arrangement or one Dry bouquet included. They are becoming increasingly popular in apartments, shops and events. To dry flowers is simple, the Real flowers for drying can be difficult.
Dry flowers in the air
What you need:
- Scissors, ideally a florist scissors
- Cord or rubber band
- Floor or hanger
Carefully remove the excess foliage from the Floral stalks. If you like a part of the greens, leave it, as it also dries. Cut the stems to the desired length.
Tie the Floral stalks with a string or a rubber band together. Then look for a dark and dry room or cabinet with good air circulation. Attach the stems head over a hanger and let the flowers dry for about 2 weeks.
After drying (yes, you can occasionally look) Take the flowers from the hanger and sprinkle easily with Hair sprayto protect the sensitive flowers.
Set the flowers in a vase or one ostrich Together and decorate your house or give away it to someone.
How to drool flowers in the microwave
What you need:
- Silica gel
- Microwave-appropriate container
- A cup of water
- Locate a microwave-safe container that is big enough to the selected ones flower to accommodate it. Make sure it is a container that is designed specifically for drying flowers, as they do not want to use it for food.
- Fill 1-2 centimeter silica gel in the container; If your flowers are quite big, add a little more silica gel. Place the flower careful with the flower head upwards into the silica gel. Pour more gel on the PetalsSo that the flowers are completely covered. Proceed carefully so you do not crush the flowers.
- Set the flower containers with a cup of water in the microwave. Heat it for 30 seconds each in the microwave. Always check again until the Flowers dried seem to be. All Flowers and microwave are different, but it should only take a few minutes to get dried is.
- As soon as the Petals dry appear, place them back under the Quarzgelsand and let it dry for 24 hours.
- Take the flower carefully out of the sand and brush the remnants of the silica gel slightly. Spray them with hair spray to make them last. Place your flowers in your home or use them for a craft project.
Flowers dry silica gel
If you have more time and are looking for a sophisticated project. You can flower dry with silica gel, without having to use a microwave. So the flowers are well preserved and retain their bright colors. If you are not sure where you can buy silica gel, there are several sites that sell it, or you can your local craft store to visit.
You will need a large container if you want to dry for several flowers with long stems. Place the flower easily into the container, cover them with Quarzgelsand and leave them for a few days dry covered.
easier Flowers like daisies, Ferns, lilac, etc. need about 2-3 days to deal with this dry method. Gypsophila, hydrangeas, carnations, etc. need about 3-4 days. Flowers such as roses, Marigold, Marsh and so need 4-5 days to dry.
This is our preferred way to dry flowers and preserveBecause they retain their color and they can sometimes be confused with fresh flowers.
How to maintain your dried flowers
So you have just your own dried flowers! But now ask yourself: How do I care for my dry flowers?
Protection she her Dried flowers from direct sunlight
Keep them away from direct heating or air conditioning systems remotely
Dried flowers dusting easily when necessary with a feather duster
If your flowers look a little sad, send us a message. Maybe we can get some fresher by conserved or replace dried flowers.
We'd love to see your very own flowers! Highlight us on Instagram so that we your Dried or preserved flowers can see.